Why Choose HFS?
Our Credit Union started with very humble beginnings; a group of nine individuals came together to meet one simple need: making credit available to those with small means. Eighty years later, HFS still holds onto its same sense of ‘ohana with a deep desire to help those in our community to succeed and grow. At HFS FCU we believe that the success of our credit union comes from your success.
HFS Federal Credit Union is dedicated to enriching the lives of its members by ensuring their financial well-being and building lasting relationships. We are committed to providing convenient and friendly service in an efficient, dependable and personalized manner. We continue to strive to meet each member's needs with care and understanding and offer the most competitive rates and services possible. Our values of ‘Ohana (family), Kūpono (honesty), and Kuleana (responsibility) underlie everything that we do. -HFS FCU Mission Statement
Come talk story with our staff, you’ll quickly see why we are the credit union where caring counts.
- The largest Hawai‘i Island credit union with over $500 million in assets, serving over 48,500 members sharing a common bond to the Big Island.
- Find reliability in our longevity. HFS was organized on January 4, 1937.
- Island-wide convenience with six branches.
- Offering the financial products and services you need
The Credit Union Difference
- Not for Profit. Surpluses are returned to our members in the form of lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings.
- Volunteer Board of Directors. Elected individuals by our membership to ensure the Credit Union is always operating within membership’s best interest.
- Membership with a common bond.
- Financial Education is of utmost priority.
- “People Helping People”. We exist to meet our member’s needs for reliable financial services.
Establish your membership by opening a Savings Account today. Simply stop by any of our convenient branch locations.
Video from NAFCU
Membership with the Credit Union is required and open to all who live, work, worship, attend school, volunteer or participate in associations headquartered on the island of Hawaii. A non-refundable $1.00 fee is required to establish membership. A minimum opening balance of $50.00 is required to open a savings account.
Rates & Fees
Rates Effective as of: 03-29-2023
Why Choose HFS?
Fees $1.00 one-time membership fee
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the qualifications to become a member of HFS Federal Credit Union?
Individuals meeting one of the qualifications below are eligible to become a member of the Credit Union.
- Persons who live on the Island of Hawaii
- Persons who regularly work, attend school, worship, perform volunteer service, or participate in associations headquartered on the Island of Hawaii
- Persons participating in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located on the Island of Hawaii
- Incorporated and unincorporated organizations located on the Island of Hawaii, or maintaining a facility on the Island of Hawaii
- Spouse of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union
- Employees of this credit union
- Members of their immediate families* or households; and organizations of such persons.
What documents do I need to bring to become a member? How much does it cost?
To become a member of HFS, you must have at least a Savings Account. The following documents are needed to open your account:
- Valid government issued picture identification
- Social Security Number
- Proof of physical address
- $50 minimum deposit and a $1 one-time membership fee
What is the routing number for HFS?
The HFS routing number is 321378660.
- What are the qualifications to become a member of HFS Federal Credit Union?